Geothermal Rising, the global nonprofit association that champions geothermal energy and those who make its use possible, announces the election results for its new Board of Directors. Among the Board are seven new Directors that represent the most diversity of any Board in the organization’s 50-year history in terms of gender, racial, and industry diversity.
The new Directors include:
- Elisabeth de Jong, California Energy Commission, Government Representative
- Jay Egg, Egg Geo, LLC., At-Large Representative
- Rita Esuru Okoroafor, Stanford University, At-Large Representative
- Nick Goodman, Cyrq Energy, Inc., Owner/Operator Representative
- Kennie Tsui, New Zealand Geothermal Association, International Representative
- Jaclyn Urbank, POWER Engineers, Inc., Industry Consultant Representative
- Jeanine Vany, Eavor Technologies Inc., Energy Advocate Representative
The election for the Board closed at the end of November 2021, and the new Directors were elected from a pool of talented and extraordinary candidates with broad representation across the geothermal industry and community. They join six continuing Directors to form the 2022 Geothermal Rising Board, which will see a female majority for the first time in its history with eight women presiding. The new Board also reflects a shift to greater industry diversity as the association becomes more focused on both heat and power utilization of Earth's energy, as well as executing on a strategic direction to represent all aspects of the community.