Geothermal Rising Announces 2021 Scholarships
Geothermal Rising (GR) is pleased to announce the availability of the 2021 GR Scholarship Awards.
To qualify for any of these awards a student must be a GR member (student memberships are only $20 per year). Selection of recipients will be based upon a variety of factors, including the individual’s academic record, student activities, geothermal industry experience, and career goals.
The following awards are available:
- Five (5) Marcelo Lippmann Graduate Scholarship Awards of $2500 – to be eligible for one of these awards, the candidate must be enrolled in a graduate-level program at an accredited academic institution at the time of the award (Fall 2021). If selected, each recipient is required to submit a paper on his/her research (or research progress) to be published in the GR Transactions and deliver results at the meeting as either a poster or oral presentation. If the recipient presents in the year of the award then the full $2500 is awarded at that time; if the recipient defers to present/publish the following year then $750 is withheld until the following year when the recipient presents.
- Three (3) GR Undergraduate Scholarship Awards of $500 – to be eligible for one of these awards, the candidate must be a third or fourth year undergraduate at an accredited academic institution at the time of the award (Fall 2021).
Apply by filling out an online form and submitting your supplementary documents here: https://form.jotform.com/210905297258158
Applications must be received no later than Friday, June 4, 2021 to be considered.
Applications must include:
- Copies of all relevant college transcripts. Graduate applicants should include undergraduate transcripts as well as graduate transcripts.
- List of student activities, including offices held, as well as a list and brief description of all extracurricular and/or community activities.
- List of geothermal-related classes and any relevant field or operational experience.
- A minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references. No more than three (3) letters will be considered during the review process.
A letter of application discussing the applicant’s background, career goals and objectives, with particular reference to applicant’s relationship to geothermal energy, is required. The letter should state how the applicant intends to use the scholarship money and what results (publications, thesis etc.) will be produced. Applicants must explain the relationship between their studies and geothermal energy research and/or development. Geothermal projects can be related to all aspects of the geothermal industry. Please state clearly in your application letter the award for which you are applying.
Please direct questions regarding the GR Scholarship Awards to:
(530) 758-2360, ext 104