International Luncheon and Session
As an international association the GRC hosts events at the GRC Annual Meeting especially for our colleagues in the global geothermal energy industry looking for the latest information on geothermal energy developments around the world.
Join us Monday afternoon to get the latest updates about geothermal trends and developments in a variety of countries and regions. The preliminary program is shown below.
Monday September 16
Room: Primrose A Cost: Lunch is provided with full conference registration or at an additional cost.
12 Noon - 1:20pm Seating is Limited
- 12:20-12:40 Turkey - Tevfik Kaya
- 12:50-1:10 Chile - Joshua Carvacho Villanueva
Thanks to our sponsors:
The eleventh annual International Luncheon will bring together experts from around the world with U.S. private and public sector stakeholders to discuss geothermal energy developments in developing markets. Attendees will be able to meet and greet these experts, and explore partnership opportunities. All are invited!
Monday September 16
Room: Catalina Cost: Free with full conference registration
1:30pm - 5:20pm
Experts from around the world present the latest geothermal energy developments in regional markets: Africa, Canada, China, Europe, Indonesia, Japan, Latin America & the Caribbean, the Philippines, South America, South Pacific and Turkey
Featured Speakers: (as of August 20):
- 1:30-1:50 Japan, Hiroshi Asanuma – National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- 1:50-2:10 Europe, Thomas Kohl – Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- 2:10-2:30 Indonesia, Ida Finahari, Director of Geothermal, Energi dan Sumber Daya Mineral (ESDM) - Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- 2:30-2:50 Latin America - Public Sector, Christiaan Gischler – Interamerican Development Bank (IDB)
- 2:50-3:10 Africa, Peter Omenda, – Managing Partner of Scientific and Engineering Power Consultants Limited (SEPCO).
- 3:40-4:00 China, Song Xianzhi – China University of Petroleum (CUP)
- 4:00-4:20 Antipodes/Pacific, German Orozco – Geothermal Business Development Manager for Geologic and Nuclear Sciences (GNS), New Zealand
- 4:20-4:40 Canada, Catherine Hickson – Geothermal Canada
Check back for more information in the following weeks.......