GRC International Meetings
As an international association the GRC hosts events at the GRC Annual Meeting especially for our colleagues in the global geothermal energy industry looking for the latest information on geothermal energy developments around the world.
Monday October 15
Room: TBA Cost: Free with full conference registration
12 Noon - 1:30pm Seating is Limited
Thanks to our sponsor:
The tenth annual International Luncheon will bring together experts from around the world with U.S. private and public sector stakeholders to discuss geothermal energy developments in developing markets. Attendees will be able to meet and greet these experts, and explore partnership opportunities.
- International Geothermal Development: New Financing Opportunity in Mexico
Christiaan Gischler Blanco – Inter American Development Bank.
- Results of Chile’s Geothermal Round Table 2018: Implications for Other Developing Markets
Gonzalo Torres – EDC Chile.
Schedule subject to change.
Monday October 15
Room: TBA Cost: Cost: Free with full conference registration
1:30pm - 5:20pm
Experts from around the world present the latest geothermal energy developments in regional markets: Australasia, Indonesia, Japan, Africa, Middle East, Iceland, South America, Central America and North America.
Featured Speakers: (as of August 1):
- Austral/Asia Region –Innovation Down-under, Andrea Blair - GNS
- Africa: An Update on the Region, Peter Omenda, President, African Geothermal Assoc.
- Japan – Renewed Emphasis, Kasumi Yasukawa, Research Manager, Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- Iceland: Update on Domestic and International Development, Olufar Flovenx – Director of ISOR
- Canada- Renewable Developments, Catherine Hickson, Tuya Terra Geo Corp
- Middle East Region – Expanding generation (1 GW of installed capacity), Tevfik Kaya, GeothermEx/Schlumberger
- Central America Region – Added Generation and Future Plans, Salvador Espindola – Grupo ENAL
- Geothermal Projects in Taiwan - Sheng-Rong - Professor, Department of Geosciences, National Taiwan University
- Update on Indonesia Geothermal Activities, Abadi Poernomo - Indonesian Geothermal Association
Check back for more information in the following days.......